Compassionate Dental Care in an Emergency
When dental emergencies arise, you want someone who will be there for you and your family. Fortunately,we offer same-day and after hours appointments in many cases to help patients receive the emergency dental care they need. .
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
If you experience a dental emergency, you should immediately call our Pacific Hills Dental office. However, there are also several things you can do at home that may make it easier to save your tooth here in the office.
- If your tooth gets knocked out, pick it up by the crown. If possible, place the tooth back in your mouth and bite down gently to hold it in place. If you cannot do this, keep the tooth moist by storing it in milk or saline. Bring it in with you to the office.
- If your tooth breaks, carefully pick up the missing piece. Place it in milk or saline and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you have something stuck between your teeth, try to dislodge it with brushing or gentle flossing. Never stick a sharp object near your sensitive gum tissue.
- If your dental restoration (i.e., dental filling or crown) comes off, then you should schedule an appointment with Dr. Pietrok or Dr. St. Germain as soon as possible.
- Mild, non-prescription pain medication can ease the discomfort of a toothache until you can receive the treatment you need.
Why Choose Pacific Hills for Your Emergency Care?
No matter what type of dental emergency you experience, we will provide timely and compassionate treatment. In addition to scheduling your last minute and after hours appointments, we use advanced technology and materials to make sure your treatment is effective. If you require a dental restoration, such as a crown or bridge, we will can provide a solution made of durable metal or highly lifelike porcelain. We also use advanced digital X-rays to provide highly-accurate diagnoses, and therefore, more accurate treatment recommendations.
Do You Require Urgent Treatment?
If you have suffered any of the dental emergencies listed above, we are ready to provide the care you need. With our gentle approach, we are equally adept at treating adults and children.